[cairo] svg2pdf -- problem with <text>
johndelacour at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:05:54 PST 2008
Everything has been going pretty smoothly until just now when I decided to
> add text to the SVG code. The tags <text ...></text> with no content cause
> no problem but as soon as I put any text between the tags the script runs
> very slowly. The PDF files are created but have zero content and I get no
> error returned from svg2pdf.
Further information on the above problem:
1. I said I got no error from svg2pdf. In fact I get 'bus error' when I
run it in the terminal.
2. If I include only white space between the opening and closing tags, a
valid PDF is created.
3. If I write Chinese only between the tags, as below, a valid pdf file is
created but the display is blank with no text:
<text x="20" y="20" style="font-family:serif;font-size:18pt;" fill="black">
4. If I write a mixture of Chinese and polytonic Greek, the PDF file is
created but contains garbage and cannot be opened.
5. Any single us-ascii or accented European character etc. or any
combination of these causes a bus error.
I hope someone has a solution, as things were looking very pretty indeed
before I bumped into this hurdle.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cairo