[cairo] perf: long dashed lines

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Feb 3 11:20:16 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 00:01 -0500, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> Here's a followup patch that attempts to implement the bigger
> optimization -- entirely avoid creating faces for out-of-bounds
> segments.  This is still a work in progress, but figured I would toss
> it out for feedback.  Seems to work quite well, though I'm not sure if
> my quick fix of expanding the bounding box by the line width is enough
> to catch all edge issues.  (Also, I just realized that I'm not sure if
> that's the right line width -- do I need to transform it?)

Generally looks good.

Line width is in user-space.  Though we've wanted to change that to be
locked at set_line_width() time.

As for the assumption, at least for miter joins it should be
(miter_limit * line_width).

I also want to see check_segment to something better.  Like,
may_intersect for example.  Or would that be may_not_intersect?

The intersect and point_in_box functions need to move somewhere else
where they belong, and renamed to _cairo_box_*().

>      - Vlad

Cheers,
--
behdad