[cairo] Operator optimization based on source or dest opacity

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Wed Feb 27 09:57:10 PST 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 12:36 AM, Antoine Azar wrote:
> I've benchmarked the most relevant performance cases and posted them
> here:
> http://www.antoineazar.com/optimization_final.htm
> Any perf increase above 5% is in bold green and perf decreases below
> 5% in bold red

One thing to be aware of... while the perf gains are significant, it
means that the test suite isn't actually exercising painting an image
with alpha transparency with OVER since the images are all opaque.
You should probably replace the images so that the actual OVER
compositing path is being tested :)  (Or maybe create new tests,
though I don't think there's much value in doing lots and lots of
tests with the OVER-to-SOURCE optimization.)

     - Vlad