[cairo] Use of git

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 11 15:16:49 PST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:55:13 +0200, "Gerdus van Zyl" wrote:
> Has anybody looked into git-svn?
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html

I've used it for tracking projects, (like GNOME-related stuff), that
are still languishing in svn.

It does mean that an initial clone takes *forever*, (yes, svn is
_really_ slow), but I do get all of the benefits of offline history
exploration once that's done. And I can even use familiar git UI for
creating local branches and local commits.

I've never attempted to use the support it has for pushing such
git-created commits back through svn, but that's intended to be
possible.

Personally, if I had commits I'd like to share from a project like
that I would just push out a new git repository with my changes.