[cairo] Pixman sampling coordinates

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:30:34 PST 2008

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:45:47 +0100, Bertram Felgenhauer wrote:
> > Patch 3: move sampling point for gradients as well
> >   This applies the epsilon hack from the image sampling to gradient
> >   handling as well. I don't think it should be applied, but I'll include
> >   it for completeness.
>
> I meant to ask earlier. Why don't you think this one should be
> applied?

I feel that it isn't needed, i.e. it wouldn't solve any clear cut
rounding misbehaviour. And as I wrote earlier, adding -1 to those
coordinates felt arbitrary, so I'd prefer the current code where we can
get away with it.

On the other hand, consistency is also desirable. I could be persuaded
either way.

Bertram