[cairo] Pixman sampling coordinates

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jan 22 16:11:51 PST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:30:34 +0100, Bertram Felgenhauer wrote:
> I feel that it isn't needed, i.e. it wouldn't solve any clear cut
> rounding misbehaviour. And as I wrote earlier, adding -1 to those
> coordinates felt arbitrary, so I'd prefer the current code where we can
> get away with it.

Thanks for the explanation. I also tried to imagine any test case that
could demonstrate the current behavior as buggy and the alternate
behavior as correct, but I couldn't come up with one either.

So the choice seems arbitrary, the current code is cleaner, and the
test suite already matches it. OK, I agree we don't need to change.

> On the other hand, consistency is also desirable. I could be persuaded
> either way.

I won't try to sway you on this one at least.