[cairo] Embedding jpeg in pdf

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Jul 13 09:13:12 PDT 2008

Cool work.  Some semi-random thoughts:

When I read your message I was certain that a create_from function was
the way to go.  Vladimir's reply made me question that, though.

I wonder whether it would be better to use dct rather than jpeg in the
API, matching the syntax used in PS and PDF?

Similar inclusion of (often lossily-encoded) jbig2 and jpx images should
be supported.

Perhaps, then, the api should be more generic, with one of the args
indicating which filter is needed to decode the provided data stream.
Perhaps something like a CAIRO_IMAGE_TYPE_(DCD|JPX|JBIG2) enum?

-JimC