[cairo] cairo_surface_create_similar / create_similarfor SVGSurface

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jul 16 16:40:34 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 03:44 +0000, Eric Holmberg wrote:
> Thanks for the link -- this is the error that I was seeing.  I'm not sure why
> the Python bindings are revision 1.4.0, but the Cairo library is 1.6.0.  I would
> gladly open a bug report as long as I'm not wasting the developers' time.

Not wasting our time at all.

You've basically got two options for bug reporting:

1. Post an issue to this mailing list, (and continue to post when we say
things like "What bugs would you like to see fixed in the next release?"
or remind us of the issue again after we make a release without the fix,
etc.)

2. Open a bug report and bugs.freedesktop.org. There it's more obvious
how to check back in the future if there has been any progress.

It's really up to you which way you'd prefer to go for bug reporting.

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry that it turned out to be an old issue
that hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully someone will find the motivation
to step up and fix this issue soon.