[cairo] cairo_surface_create_similar / create_similarfor SVGSurface

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Wed Jul 16 20:03:59 PDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Carl Worth wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 03:44 +0000, Eric Holmberg wrote:
>> Thanks for the link -- this is the error that I was seeing.  I'm
>> not sure why
>> the Python bindings are revision 1.4.0, but the Cairo library is
>> 1.6.0.  I would
>> gladly open a bug report as long as I'm not wasting the developers'
>> time.
>
> Not wasting our time at all.
>
> You've basically got two options for bug reporting:
>
> 1. Post an issue to this mailing list, (and continue to post when we
> say
> things like "What bugs would you like to see fixed in the next
> release?"
> or remind us of the issue again after we make a release without the
> fix,
> etc.)
>
> 2. Open a bug report and bugs.freedesktop.org. There it's more obvious
> how to check back in the future if there has been any progress.
>
> It's really up to you which way you'd prefer to go for bug reporting.
>
> Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry that it turned out to be an old
> issue
> that hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully someone will find the motivation
> to step up and fix this issue soon.

Can you or anyone else gander a qualitative guess as to which method
is more effective? Historically, I've had bad luck with watching bugs
disappear into bug tracking systems for other projects, so I tend to
go the mailing list route. Curious how this project fairs on that count.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist