[cairo] 8 bit color issue with Cairo 1.6.4 on AIX

Ashish Yadav ashishyadav26 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 21:28:55 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
>> However it does bring another issue, of not working in "8 bit" and
>> "TrueColor" combination.
>
> Hmm... I do recall having tested 8 bit TrueColor with vncserver.

I tried creating a 8 bit TruelColor VNC session on a Fedora 9 machine
( cairo-1.6.4-1) and Ubuntu 8.04 machine ( libcairo2 -
1.6.0-0ubuntu2), however I couldn't create as even specifying class
TrueColor in command line ( vncserver -depth 8 -pixelformat BGR233 -cc
4) goes ahead and create 8 bit PseudoColor session. Removing vncserver
4.1.2 and installing tightvncserver enabled me to create a 8 bit
TrueColor session. However everything went pink as can be seen in
attachments.

> Oh, what version of cairo are you running? It's the new 1.6.4 version
> that has a fix for this.

Yes I've build and am running Cairo 1.6.4.

--
Regards,

Ashish

"There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't"