[cairo] Cross-built Cairo for ARM not drawing

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:42:33 PDT 2008

Hello Marc,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM, Marc Singer <elf at synapse.com> wrote:
> I've been using cairo 1.2.4 for some time because it was the only
>  version that was drawing for me.  Today, I tried 1.4.14 again and
>  1.5.12 just to see if I could determine why I've had problems in the past.
>
>  I'm cross building for ARM using GCC-3.4.4.
>
>  The 1.4.14 build tends to draw narrow vertical bands of color.
>
>  Version 1.5.12 with pixman 0.9.6 doesn't show those bands of color, but most
>  of the time the drawing is blank.  I've reduced the code to a simple
>  example:

In openembedded(.org), we have cairo graphics working perfectly on ARM
and PowerPC, and the revisions we tested are listed here:

http://www.openembedded.org/filebrowser/org.openembedded.dev/packages/cairo

>  Any suggestions as to where to look for such a problem?  BTW, I am
>  configuring cairo without most of the backends:

This sounds like a toolchain problem, most probably either endianess
related, or more probably (soft?) floating point related.

I would strongly suggest to run some floating point tests on your target first.

Personally, I mostly use a ARM/XScale (arm5teb) target, and PowerPC
(e300) target in combo with cairo, no problems so far.

Regards,
--
Leon