[cairo] successfully built bindings via SWIG

Kyle Johnson osmaker+cairo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:29:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
>  This is indeed exciting.  Do you mind attaching the SWIG cairo.i file?

Attached is the version I'm using now.

I've only tested it with basic Cairo operations (i.e. saving to PNG) and Quartz.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
>  Anyway, is there anything in particular that the cairo project can do
>  to help here? Are there new files that we should host in the cairo
>  repository, for example? Are there changes we should make to any
>  existing files?

Due to the structural simplicity of the Cairo code, I think no changes
will be needed. The entire SWIG binding can be kept fairly clean in
one file.

It would be great if someone can try out the XLib/XCB surfaces or pass
a simple C example my way. I've tested the Quartz surfaces and plan to
test out the win32 surfaces next week, but have no knowledge of X
Window APIs.

--
Kyle Johnson