[cairo] Build problems windows: cairo snapshot 1.5.14

Gerdus van Zyl gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 08:04:54 PDT 2008

I am getting link errors when trying to build cairo snapshot 1.5.14 on
Windows.
It works using msys/gcc but I can't find the DLL it is supposed to create ,
no error though.

Getting cairo to compile from git is a real pain on windows, because of
autoconf/make and it's dependencies that still don't work after weeks of
trying. I'm a C noob so please forgive any obvious mistakes. It may just be
that my build env is messed up. So if anybody else has success compiling on
windows, I can know it's me :-)

I am using Visual C++ 2008 Express and Windows SDK v6.1

Attachments:
vc.txt - output using: make -f Makefile.win32 CFG=debug
scons.txt - output using my experimental scons build that also fails on
linking.

Thanks,
Gerdus.