[cairo] Latest pixman from git now required for latest cairo

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Tue Mar 25 19:19:58 PDT 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Carl Worth wrote:

>  * Get CGFONT code landed to reduce cairo-quartz failures (vlad)
>
> Any help on these would be appreciated of course, but I think
> everything is pretty much in place. That is, I think Søren just needs
> to do the pixman release, I just need to land a patch I've got on hand
> for the server-side gradients, and Vlad is pretty sure he'll be done
> with the CGFONT stuff "by the end of the day", (though I notice he
> didn't actually say *which* day).

I'm actually having second thoughts about this -- there is some
oddness in some cases (un-antialiased fonts in particular) with the
cgfont code that makes me rethink this plan for now.  The problem
seems to be that I'm getting much more detailed metrics than before,
which are then not playing well with various rounding bits (e.g.
x_bearing of 1.01 and the like).

Worst case, we may just have to punt on the whole supported-quartz for
1.6 thing (sadly -- maybe just fonts?), because depending on the size
of the issue I'm not sure I'll have time to fix everything quickly.
The issue is just with unantialiased text though, so I'm hoping that
it'll be fixable in a straightforward fashion.

I have compat shims in for 10.4, and text seems to work as well there
as on 10.5; however there are some other test suite failures that seem
to be due to CG bugs that have been fixed since then.  I don't think
there's much that we can do about that.

    - Vlad