[cairo] Apply for GSoc project - faster rasterizer

孙晓辉 sunxiaohui.bj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:57:55 PDT 2008

Hi,
    I am interested in the project called " Implement a faster
lookup-table-based rasterizer " and would like to apply for it.     I am
currently using cairo as a rendering engine for a light weight flash player.
I have read its code and it is cool and suitable for embedded devices . But
when I render some large complex flash animations, it takes quite a long
time to rasterize a frame. So I wonder if I could do something to improve
the rendering speed. The project's idea attracts me and I think joining its
development is the best way to make use of my knowledge and contribute to
the community.

I'm a Ph.D. student now. I have 4+ years experience in C/C++, familiar with
data structure and algorithms.

I have sent a formal application in the GSoc official site, attached with a
more detailed description of it.

Thank you very much.

Sun