[cairo] CMake

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri May 2 01:38:43 PDT 2008

Is'nt Cmake that build system that requires in the terminology of
autotools to __always__ process the Makefile.am's and configure.ac/in
files in order to get a command line build? Why cant CMake not produce a
proper posix script? The "Unix makefile" or what the cryptic target name
was is still a fake and not native.

Beside possibly a different syntax, CMake is a step backward in terms of
doing things in a posix style. Posix has defined shell and make syntax.

As a user I prefere much more a intuitive configure/make combo. When it
works it works out of the box. It is independent of a binary that I must
first build or install.

Just to point out some CMake glitches.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann