[cairo] CMake

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri May 2 10:45:27 PDT 2008

Carl said:

> So that brings me to one question. Does cmake support pkg-config at
> all?

Complete support.  In fact, with PLplot we use the CMake pkg-config support
to access all the cairo information we need to build our cairo device
driver.

> I don't think I'd be interested in a setup that didn't. And I'd
> also really like to see some standardization of common build
> patterns. For example, I think supporting this at a minimum:

>         ./configure --prefix=/opt/cairo
> 	        make
>	        make install
>
> is essential.

We use that type of pattern all the time with PLplot builds.  See
http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=Building_PLplot for
more details.

I am glad to continue to answer specific questions about CMake capabilities,
but as Felix and I have remarked previously in this thread the best way to
answer all such concerns is a complete CMake-based build system for cairo so
everyone can see for themselves.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).