[cairo] cairo-1.6.4 universal binary on Mac OS X

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2008b at ryandesign.com
Wed May 28 02:47:42 PDT 2008

Hi again, cairo gurus. Since I didn't get any responses to my earlier
query [1], maybe I should state my question more simply:

How do I build a universal binary of cairo 1.6.4 on Mac OS X 10.4?
The way that worked for me with cairo 1.4.x no longer seems to work
with 1.6.4. [2] What new spell do I need to incant to make this work
again?

Thanks.

-Ryan

[1] http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014073.html

[2] More specifically, using 1.5.2, I can still make a universal
binary via my existing build-twice-and-lipo method; using 1.5.4, I
can still get through the configure phase but fail with "ld:
Undefined symbols: _CGContextDrawTiledImage" in the build phase; and
with 1.5.6 I get the error during the configure phase that I reported
in my initial email.