[cairo] Drawing a sound wave

Markus Schumann go4shoe at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:02:07 PST 2008

Joe,

1.) Do you want to draw the sound wave from left to right or do you want to
draw on the left while scrolling to the right?

2.) Let's assume your sound is sampled with 48kHz and your screen is 1920
pixels wide. Now you want to display 10 seconds.
That means 480,000 samples divided by 1920 pixels which comes out to a time
scale of 250.
That means you'll need some sort of peak detection ... otherwise what would
you draw?

Markus.