[cairo] GSoC: Scan converting rasteriser update

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Nov 13 05:42:48 PST 2008

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:

> [cairo-spans] New _cairo_path_fixed_fill_to_span_renderer().
> - OUT_self doesn't really follow a the cairo style
> - OUT_converter in _begin_rendering()

Done.

> - I wonder if _cairo_path_fixed_fill_to_span_renderer() would be simpler if
>  _begin_rendering and _end_rendering were not split out. I think it could
>  simplify the error handling.

I left them in since any function that wants to get a scan
converter should do the same thing as begin/end rendering.  Fair
enough, right now there's only just the one left anymore, but I'm
still liking the separating of the two concerns of setting up and
tearing down the converter from the actual sending of edges to
it.

> [cairo-spans] New cairo_delta_spans_t.
> - I need to look at this more

Ripped it out along with the mono scan converter.

> [cairo-spans] Render clip mask surfaces with spans if we can.
> - _cairo_clip_intersect_mask_with_spans() isn't a good name
>  it makes it sound like we are intersecting the mask the some spans
>  when in fact we are doing an intersect between two masks()
>  using a span renderer

Renamed to _cairo_clip_intersect_mask_using_spans().

Joonas