[cairo] [cairo/glitz] glitz patches?

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Fri Nov 21 07:13:57 PST 2008

Hi all,

I have taken a look at glitz recently and here are my observations:

1) is there a reason why the infamous 16.6/24.8 fixed point patch has
never been applied to Cairo (attached)?  With this patch I can run
cairogears pretty well with only a failure on the GRAD test.

2) I took a look at Nicolas Bruguier's branch and it looks like some
things are not fleshed out yet and should probably not be applied to the
freedesktop.org repository.  For example, the BindTexImage extension
should be replicable in the EGL/AGL backends (don't know about GLX) but
I am not sure the API should be the same one that Nicolas used.

I placed the others at http://www.inf.unisi.ch/~bonzini/webdav/glitz.git
(branch master) together with a couple of fixes of mine.  Who could
review them and apply them at freedesktop.org?

3) I also have a patch to embed cairogears in the glitz repository, and
a new backend for Apple's Cocoa OpenGL bindings (NSOpenGL).  Would these
be accepted?  Again, who should review them and apply them at
freedesktop.org?  In the meanwhile, I placed them in the same repository
in branch paolo.

Paolo