[cairo] Cairo 1.8 crashes when creating PDF (OS X 10.5 PowerPC)

Asko Kauppi askok at dnainternet.net
Fri Nov 28 11:58:22 PST 2008

I would like to use 1.8.x because of its nice Quartz integration, but
it gives either "segfault" or "bus error" when generating PDF files.
This has happened using two separate Lua bindings; I have not tried
with C level PDF creation, yet.

The only way I have been able to get the needed PDFs is to downgrade
back to 1.6.4 Cairo. But it lacks the Quartz side.

Any help, any others who've been trapped by this?

I have separately informed the fink cairo maintainer about the issue.

-asko