[cairo] Blend modes take 3

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Oct 13 10:38:30 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 11:44 +0200, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> After Emmanuel's [1] and my [2] previous attempt, I've started the
> third attempt to get SVG and Flash blend modes into Cairo. And this
> time I'm dead serious. I intend to merge my current work once 1.9
> opens unless there's any objections.

Hi Benjamin,

I just want to say "thank you!" for doing this work.

It's fantastic to see it going forward exactly as it should, (with code
for all operators, testing across multiple backends, careful
investigations of existing (conflicting!) specifications, and even work
to ensure those conflicting specifications are getting fixed).

This is the cairo community working at its best I think. So well done!
(To you, Emmanuel, Adrian, Jeff, and everyone else working on this.)

I'll be quite happy to see this work all land when 1.9 opens, and I want
to open that up very soon, (just need to wrap up a couple more issues
for 1.8.2 first).

Have fun!