[cairo] metafile from cairo into powerpoint

Charles سمير Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Mon Oct 13 13:04:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

A lot of our users need to import graphics into their powerpoint
presentations.

We used to simply (under windows at least) do an insert picture from
file, select the postscript file we wanted (not eps) tell powerpoint
to treat it as eps, then right click on it, do "ungroup" and by some
magic powerpoint would convert it back to some windows meta file of
its own.

That worked great but it seems that the file genrated by cairo are
"font incompatible"with that method.

I was wondering if there's a way to get some metafile from cairo into
powerpoint (for rescaling and editing labels/legend at the last minute)

I tried svg but Powerpoint doesn't seem to know how to deal with it.

Is there another metafile format cairo can output to (like cgm or
window metafiles?)

I'm wondering how cairo users deal with this in genral.

Thanks,

C.