[cairo] pixman & win64

Thomas Stover thomas at wsinnovations.com
Fri Oct 17 13:04:02 PDT 2008

Sorry I haven't followed up on my post yet. I did get pixman to build
with cl.exe 9.0 x86_64 by disabling both MMX and SSE2. I haven't moved
beyond that to building cairo yet, due to similar a related issue with
zlib.All this got me on several day long side track learning some basic
information on SIMD tech, inline assembly, and compiler
intrinsics/built-in functions. I almost wish I could go back to being
naive :) It does make me more appreciate how difficult it is to make
cross platform libraries like cairo perform optimally across different
hardware.

A colleague of mine and I have discussed building some test programs
with cairo on few OS / compiler / options combinations and timing them
on the same hardware. We'll probably get around to this in the next week
or two. I'm sure it will prove insightful. Stay tuned for the results.
Any ideas?