[cairo] Backwards glyphs?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Oct 28 08:39:31 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 08:38 -0300, Ian Britten wrote:
> Ok, I think I finally see what's going on here...

Hurrah! I'm glad you're making progress.

> I'll admit I had never thought about a *distance* method returning a
> negative value, but live-and-learn, I guess...

Sorry, that one's my fault. That's a bad name from the very early days,
(before we had this nice community here). I'm sure the community here
wouldn't let me get away with a naming mistake like that today.

And if someone wants to propose better names for the transform_point and
transform_distance functions now, we could even deprecate the old names,
(of course, always accepting them so never breaking any code).

> Anyways, straightening that out [ And adding in a
> cairo_scale(cr, 1.0, -1.0) as suggested by Carl - Thanks! ] now has my
> characters drawing both forward, and upright!  :)

That's progress. Excellent!

> Now to get them positioned correctly... (The 'scale' call seems to have
> moved them too, not just scaled them... :( )  Then on to find out why
> the rendered size isn't correct...  Ah well - One thing at a time! :)

Hehe. Keep us posted as you need help. But it sounds like you're moving
along well.