[cairo] Subject: ImageSurfacePattern disappears with a large enough scale factor

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Oct 30 17:16:10 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 16:44 -0700, Michel Iwaniec wrote:
> Thanks! After managing to manually overwrite all shared libraries and
> links to them, using this patched version worked like a charm. :)
>
> Though I still have some problems with the grid and the image
> misaligning when zooming in *really* close. (much closer than in the
> linked .PNG images that is) I can live with that for now, but it would
> be nice if these precision errors(?) could be reduced even more.
>
> Anyhow, thanks again for your über-fast solution! :)

I think it's fantastic that Chris had just happened to implement a
solution for you that did exactly what was needed. We may be able to
make a 1.8.4 release fairly soon including that fix.

Meanwhile, I think to track down the rest of your bug we'll need
something like a minimal test case so that we can explore it ourselves.

Chris (inspired by original work from Benjamin and others) also happens
to have a great tracing tool that makes it fairly easy to extract a test
case from a running program. Chris, do we have that just sitting in
cairo/util yet or anything? Do we have a web page or README describing
how to use it?