[cairo] Subject: ImageSurfacePattern disappears with a large enough scale factor

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 18:15:05 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:16 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> Chris (inspired by original work from Benjamin and others) also happens
> to have a great tracing tool that makes it fairly easy to extract a test
> case from a running program. Chris, do we have that just sitting in
> cairo/util yet or anything? Do we have a web page or README describing
> how to use it?

Behdad put a reference to it in util/README and the plan is to move the
tracing utilities into util during this dev cycle. I'll probably do that
in the next couple of days.

At the moment the core tracing utility is cairo-trace
[http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ickle/cairo-trace/], and I'm developing an
experimental frontend as a means to extract test cases and just
generally inspect state. But for the time being, my favourite method of
invocation is:
$ cairo-trace --script program arguments
which will generate CairoScript output to the terminal and to a
program.$pid.trace file.
--
Chris