[cairo] GSoC: Scan converting rasteriser update

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:02:21 PDT 2008

2008/9/4 Leon Woestenberg <leon.woestenberg at gmail.com>:
> Hello Joonas,
>
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:52 PM, M Joonas Pihlaja
> <jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your e-mail and LOL.  Sometimes I wonder if the
>> reports I send out occasionally actually go anywhere. :)

For what it's worth, I've been now running my desktop system for a
week or so with your spans branch (at e9d79c8) and haven't seen any
glitches (mainly using firefox, epiphany-webkit, gedit and
gnome-terminal here) apart from laggines in certain situations which
is likely the 10x slowdowns showing through. It's always hard to say,
but my initial feeling was that even with the slowdowns my desktop
felt slightly snappier after the switch (naturally, that could just be
a case of self-suggestion :).

Anyway, very cool work!

I'm also itching to run some benchmarking on ARM to see what kind of
numbers a slower CPU will generate, but so far have lacked the time to
do it...

> Sure, they travel the world and loop back to Helsinki or thereabouts!
> (i.e. "re-port" taken literally).

:)

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi