[cairo] Not using libpng on OSX

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Fri Sep 12 14:37:51 PDT 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 7:52 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nice work.

Yep, the code looks good -- I'll give it a more detailed lookover soon.

> It depends on the Quartz surface it seems.  Is that correct?  That
> changes how
> configuration should be done.
>
> In general, right now we don't have much way to deal with
> conditional file
> inclusions other than C preprocessor conditionals.  The constraint
> comes from
> wanting to keep the configuration central and shared, and the fact
> that
> conditional syntax is different between autotools and win32.  I may
> hack
> something today.  Even more build system hacking.  I love that!

One thing we could do to simplify this is just do #ifdef
CAIRO_PNG_USE_LIBPNG in cairo-png.c, and #ifdef CAIRO_PNG_USE_CGIMAGE,
CAIRO_PNG_USE_WIN32 etc.. and just compile all of them, and do the
conditionals in cairo-features.h.  But maybe you'd enjoy the build
system hacking more :)

    - Vlad