[cairo] Can't run autogen.sh: FEATURES not defined?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Sep 18 00:13:39 PDT 2008

Damian Frank wrote:
> This is probably a stupid mistake or missed dependency on my part, but
> I can't figure it out, so ... please help!  Sorry if this is some form
> of FAQ, but Google is certainly stumped.

No it's not a missing dependency really, nor is it in any FAQ or in Google :).

> I'm trying to build from the git sources for the first time.  (I've
> successfully been building 1.7.4 on this machine, but I need a bug fix
> from the bleeding edge.)  When I run autogen.sh, I get a complaint
> from, I guess, m4.  Can anyone tell me what this really means?  This
> machine is running an up-to-date install of CentOS 5.  I'd really
> appreciate any help.

I can reproduce this on RHEL5.  Seems like I used more autoconf 2.62 features
that I liked to admit.  Anyway, added all the missing definitions so it's
working with 2.59 now.  If anyone has 2.58, please test, otherwise I'll bump
the required version to 2.59 since that's the earliest version we know works.

Please pull and try.

behdad