[cairo] Can't run autogen.sh: FEATURES not defined?

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:39:30 PDT 2008

2008/9/18 Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>:
> Damian Frank wrote:
>> This is probably a stupid mistake or missed dependency on my part, but
>> I can't figure it out, so ... please help!  Sorry if this is some form
>> of FAQ, but Google is certainly stumped.
>
> No it's not a missing dependency really, nor is it in any FAQ or in Google :).
>
>> I'm trying to build from the git sources for the first time.  (I've
>> successfully been building 1.7.4 on this machine, but I need a bug fix
>> from the bleeding edge.)  When I run autogen.sh, I get a complaint
>> from, I guess, m4.  Can anyone tell me what this really means?  This
>> machine is running an up-to-date install of CentOS 5.  I'd really
>> appreciate any help.
>
> I can reproduce this on RHEL5.  Seems like I used more autoconf 2.62 features
> that I liked to admit.  Anyway, added all the missing definitions so it's
> working with 2.59 now.  If anyone has 2.58, please test, otherwise I'll bump
> the required version to 2.59 since that's the earliest version we know works.

Seems like you have also increased the automake requirement, Adrian
Bunk tested a few versions of automake and looks like you are
triggering this:

  http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?database=automake&pr=450&cmd=view%20audit-trail

which is fixed in automake 1.9.6.

Attached is a patch from him to bump the requirement.

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi