[cairo] cairo builtin font (in master now!)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Sep 29 09:57:01 PDT 2008

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Behdad, just an observation...
> Since it's a user-font, is the rendering consistent across the various
> backends? Could you make a real test case out of the doc/test/*.c and
> see if everybody reports a PASS? And then we can use this font for all
> non-font-backend specific text in the test suite.

That's been the idea indeed.  Though for testing varous subsetters and paths a
font goes through, using a small fontforge source and generating various font
types from it works much better.  We can ship the generated ones in the
tarball or even import in git such that the fontforge dep is not bothering.

/me is still waiting for ickle to just do that :P

> For the ft-* related tests, we still need to include a font with the
> test suite, if only to control coverage.
>
> Can't wait to see the user-font to Type1 converter. ;-)

don't remember what the status is.  Adrian has been working on it.  For stroke
fonts though, Type3 is much more useful given that we don't have
stroke_to_path.  Right?

behdad