[cairo] Errors building Cairo and Pixman under Cygwin

Jonathon Jongsma jonathon at quotidian.org
Sat Apr 11 06:39:54 PDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM, John C. Turnbull
<ozemale at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> It looks fine to me. Just a normal libtool script. Certainly the Xsed
>> line seems to be populated correctly, so that may not be it.
>
> Thanks for looking into that Malcolm.
>
> I have checked that each of the commands mentioned in that script are
> available such as sed, nm, install and grep and everything appears to be OK.
>
> I tried to post the script to this list as an attachment but it is awaiting
> moderator approval owing to the size of the attachment.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this libtool script is failing?  I am getting
> a bit desperate here!
>
> Thanks,

I started getting this kind of error a lot in the following situation:

- I had a bunch of software that I had configured/built
- I upgraded my distro (which also upgraded my toolchain, libtool, etc)
- modified and recompiled the code after the upgrade -> lots of
libtool X-Foo errors

My solution was just to delete all of the libtool related scripts and
re-run ./autogen.sh.  Note that I didn't necessarily experience this
issue on cairo itself, and it might not be the same as the issue
you're having since you appear to be building from a tarball rather
than a git checkout, but it might spark an idea...

--
jonner