[cairo] Multithreading for pixman (was JIT for pixman)

André Tupinambá andrelrt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:34:05 PST 2009

Hi,

Is anyone working to add multithread support to pixman? This can be
easily implemented using OpenMP, but I don't know if is a good
approach.

I will try to create a proof of concept with and without OpenMP.

Soeren,

Do you have any approach in mind? Can I use pthreads for all
environment, or I need to create a version of "pixman-thread.c" for
each one? And about OpenMP?

Regards,

André Tupinambá