[cairo] Multithreading for pixman (was JIT for pixman)

keita abdoul-kaker abdoulk.keita at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:50:52 PST 2009

i was also looking into using OpenMP for adding support or
mulltithreading.As you said it is easy and very portable but i am
still wondering if it wont cause some interference if the application
using pixman is already multithreaded.

Soeren,
In my attempts,i added openMP directive to the
pixman_walk_composite_region(), just after the call of
piman_region32_rectangle(). the load is then shared among many
thread.Does this sound like the good spot to exploit parallelism ?

André Tupinambá,
are you frequently on the irc channel ? we could discuss about
possible solution together

Thanks