[cairo] Memory leaks

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 06:43:32 PST 2009

Good day!

I am using Cairo under windows, drawing into image surfaces. I have
tested the application with Visual Leak detector and it shows fairly
numerous memory leaks in Cairo functions, in particular down the path in
functions called from cairo_fill, but also others (text drawing etc).
Some of these objects appear to be ref counted. Considering amount of
reported leaks and assuming VLD is correct (it had been so far) I wonder
if it may be something I don't do in my code that causes memory to leak?

Is there anything aside from cairo_destroy and cairo_surface_destroy
that needs to be done to deallocate resources?
I am using cairo-1.8.6, compiled from sources locally.

Thanks!