[cairo] Strange pattern (gradient) behavior (cairo bug?)

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 03:19:36 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 11:58 +0200, Jan Słupski wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why two nearly the same pictures draws differently.
> I suspect that this can be a cairo bug, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

It appears you've hit the huge-gradient limit. (Internally we use
fixed-point coordinates, and the coordinates for your gradients look
like they will exceed the range of our fixed-point arithmetic). Some
work was done post-1.8 to relax those limits slightly, and as you did
not state which version of cairo you are using, I'm optimistic that if
you were to try the 1.9.2 snapshot your rendering glitch will be
resolved (as ovalgradient works for me).

Thanks for running through libcairowrap and for reporting this bug with
the minimal test case - much appreciated. I hope you continue to have
fun using Cairo!
-ickle