[cairo] Does pixman refactoring also contain new pixel formats ?

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Wed Jun 3 18:28:41 PDT 2009

Stefan Landvogt <stefan.landvogt at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there the chance, that after the refactoring of pixman we might get
> additional cairo_format's ?

> I had some conversation with Carl Worth about that topic, and for me
> it would be great to have some additional formats:
> http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2009-January/016436.html

The refactoring of pixman doesn't add a JIT compiler or any new
formats, so nothing has changed wrt. what Carl said in that mail.

The PIXMAN_a8b8g8r8 format is fairly well supported though, at least
on x86 with SSE2, so one possibility for you may be to make a new
cairo backend for your specific window system. This backend could then
use a8b8g8r8 pixman images internally.

Soren