[cairo] Status of accelerated backends

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri May 15 13:30:18 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 15:39 +0300, Ville Ranki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm doing research on hw accelerated backends for Cairo. I'm
> primarily interested in OpenGL ES2 and OpenVG backends to be
> used in mobile devices not much unlike Beagleboard.
>
> I've already found Pippin's page at:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~pippin/cairo/OpenVG/
>
> I haven't found the GLES2 backend yet by googling. Can someone
> help?

Doesn't exist.

But I've got bits of what you might want for a fast OpenGL backend at
git://people.freedesktop.org/~anholt/cairo on the gl and
gl-span-renderer branches.  I think I've done most of the boring work so
now somebody could just work on the fun stuff of writing shaders to
accelerate the various combinations of patterns.  Getting it working on
GLES2 should be pretty easy.

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com