[cairo] Pixman refactoring, ARM and Altivec implementations needed

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at nokia.com
Thu May 28 05:39:18 PDT 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 15:12:54 ext Jonathan Morton wrote:
> I'm hoping that the refactor will itself introduce some high-level
> optimisations, such as a shortening of the path to the fast blitters.
>
> So far, it's got worse rather than better, especially as the number and
> size of the parameters being passed around has just increased
> significantly.  (There are too many of them to keep in registers even on
> a RISC platform, so they occupy space on the stack, and have to be
> copied for each call.)

Soeren mentioned that standard cairo perf tests did not reveal any
problems.

It just probably means that cairo/pixman performance tests are not good
enough. Makes sense to introduce some better performance test which
would clearly show this regression.

In my opinion, the library like pixman is a perfect target for having an
extensive performance and correctness test suite in use. That would
simplify the development process and improve code quality a lot.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka