[cairo] Managing LineLayouts

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 10:12:16 PDT 2010

I'm using the pango-view viewer as a means to flesh out our Smalltalk
binding to Pango. Many of the Pango types are opaque structures, with
the ref_counting, and these map very nicely to object classes in
Smalltalk. One that is less so, is the PangoLayoutLine that one sees
being used at line 227 of the viewer-pangocairo.c file. I can model a
C structure fine in Smalltalk, that's not so much the problem, but
what is unclear to me from that code, or the docs, is how those
structures are managed.

When using the pango_layout_get_line() function, does it alloc a new
structure and return the pointer to it? Or is it the case, that the
structure is managed by the Layout or Iterator, and when those are
freed, the internal LineLayout structures are freed?

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist