[cairo] cairo_get_reference (), cairo_pattern_reference (), etc.

Daniel Goldman dagoldman at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 12:45:59 PDT 2010

There are various cairo functions with "reference" or "reference_count" in the
name. It's obvious how to use "destroy" functions to decrease the reference
count. But when might I want to use "reference" functions to INCREASE the
reference count? Are the "reference" functions intended for a user such as
myself writing an application? Or are they an internal thing intended for use by
other library functions? I looked through the docs and archive and couldn't
figure it out.

Thanks,
Daniel