[cairo] Pango License

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:21:55 PST 2010

Owen Taylor wrote:

>> Is the HarfBuzz license usable? I'm guessing it is because Qt is using it.
>
> Just to be clear, Pango's license is usable!

Sorry, I agree that LGPL is usable. I meant by the original poster's
criteria (or his company's lawyer's criteria). Though I really can't
figure out what the MPL offers that the LGPL does not, for a library
that will be dynamically linked.

The reason I am asking is that I feel it would be nice if Cairo had a
better integrated text formatting but it seems unlikely it could be done
without using HarfBuzz.