[cairo] Subtractive API, part 1

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Feb 4 08:13:12 PST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 8:45 AM, ecir hana wrote:

> Ok, ok. But where can I get the actual ICC profile? Say for Pantone 295C?

No such thing. Pantone doesn't make them available. You'd have to create your own by measuring them. Named color profiles are kinda rare. I haven't seen one in ages. And also, a NCP  can contain an arbitrary number of solid colors. It might contain 1, or it might contain 3000.

> I'm asking this, because say I want define that spot. That means, I
> need a name a the fallback. You said I should define the fallback in
> LAB - where, as a user, could I get those values from?

They're found in products that license Pantone libraries from Pantone.

Chris Murphy
Color Remedies (TM)
New York, NY