[cairo] PDF backend generates images that gs can't display etc

Michael Sløgedal michael at makeweb.no
Thu Feb 11 12:08:50 PST 2010

Hi,

Example case:

wget http://www.makeweb.no/brosjyre.pdf

gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=brosjyreb.pdf -dBATCH
brosjyre.pdf

This generates a new pdf file, but with the logo on bottom page missing
(View the original file in acrobat to see what i mean).

I had a chat with #ghostscript on freenode, and they said they could
reproduce the behaviour in acrobat (although i was not able to).

Anyway this leads me back to #cairo J Any suggestions?

The original file is created in cairo, it has a few jpeg images (used a jpeg
patch for this), a couple rectangle overlays, some pango text and a semi
transparent ellipse with a jpeg logo on top. (first page)

Michael