[cairo] 1.10 release schedule

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 11 15:55:59 PST 2010

I also think we need to decide whether we want to do a 1.10 off the 
current master or off master + wip/compositor.

Personally, I'm slightly leaning towards not including wip/compositor 
and getting on with 1.10 off current master mainly because then it's 
clear to me how to proceed and what we should be doing: we ought to 
open up bug hunting and platform testing season and get on with that.

The other reason is that I'm slightly wary of the massiveness of the 
pending changes in wip/compositor, even if it is Chris' code.  I'm not 
actually against using it for 1.10 either, but would very much like a 
git history which we can both bisect and review on a per-commit basis.  
This path does require commitment from everyone (who's clamoring 
about the git log) to step up and review cleaned up trees pre-merge 
from Chris as much as they can, since otherwise there's not as much 
incentive to produce a clean merge.



More information about the cairo mailing list