[cairo] 1.10 release schedule

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Jan 11 16:05:23 PST 2010

I suggest we move forward with master towards making 1.10 out of it, and land
compositor branch for 1.12.


On 01/11/2010 06:55 PM, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:
> I also think we need to decide whether we want to do a 1.10 off the 
> current master or off master + wip/compositor.
> Personally, I'm slightly leaning towards not including wip/compositor 
> and getting on with 1.10 off current master mainly because then it's 
> clear to me how to proceed and what we should be doing: we ought to 
> open up bug hunting and platform testing season and get on with that.
> The other reason is that I'm slightly wary of the massiveness of the 
> pending changes in wip/compositor, even if it is Chris' code.  I'm not 
> actually against using it for 1.10 either, but would very much like a 
> git history which we can both bisect and review on a per-commit basis.  
> This path does require commitment from everyone (who's clamoring 
> about the git log) to step up and review cleaned up trees pre-merge 
> from Chris as much as they can, since otherwise there's not as much 
> incentive to produce a clean merge.
> Cheers,
> Joonas

More information about the cairo mailing list