[cairo] [Blacklisted] cairo-egl and cairo-vg

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sat Jul 31 02:10:34 PDT 2010

On 07/30/2010 08:51 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:24:26 +0200, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Hi, recently I tried to play a bit with those two backends:
>>
>> - right now cairo-egl uses parts of cairo-gl making it unusable in
>> system providing egl+openges2 (including x11 support) but not opengl nor
>> glx.
>
> Yes, we've known this problem is brewing. The prevailing opinion is that
> it should just be a mutually exclusive configure time option. The
> situation is that bad unfortunately.

so we need something --enable-gles and --enable-gles2 that replaces
--enable-gl

>> - cairo-vg doesn't work with the mesa implementation and relies to
>> cairo-gl in a way or another.
>
> vg needs quite a bit of love at the moment. Fixing the boilerplate is the
> first job. Then make sure the upload and download of images is correct.
> After that it is removing enough code to start passing the test suite and
> then gradually add it back, testing as you go.

I see, btw which openvg is usable to test? the current backend seems to
need openvg 1.1, mesa provides 1.0.1, shivavg doesn't sound the right one.

> As far as I know, nobody is currently working on the VG backend. It's been
> on my wishlist -- especially to have a VG, GL and image backend for the
> same hardware. Please do fix it up and you are welcome to as much help as
> we can muster.

I'll try =)

>> PS: I had some problems trying to access my fdo account, something happened?
>
> Try #freedesktop on irc.freenode.net,
> sitewrangers at lists.freedesktop.org, or just file a bug.

sitewranglers doesn't seem to work as address =|

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux