[cairo] 1.10 timeline and beyond

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 11 08:28:43 PDT 2010

Hey,

Here's a proposed outline we've come up with on #cairo:

Release 1.10 on August 16th and produce snapshots every two weeks
until then.  What goes into 1.10 would be featurewise what we have
right now, without any new API or major surgery.  For the next good
while we'd be focusing on getting into release shape by concentrating
on squashing bugs and fixing up the build on various systems.

After that, we'd pull in any pending patches out there into 1.11, and
put out snapshot releases every six weeks for about 4-4.5 months,
declare a feature freeze, and start putting out snapshots every two
weeks for the next six weeks, and then roll out 1.12 around the end of
March / early April next year.

If you have stuff you want in, or want your favourite backends to work
in 1.10 as advertised, please speak up and give your code a whirl.
We'll try to be less of a joke this time.

Cheers,

Joonas